Friday, June 13, 2008

: : pet peeves and seven weeks : :

Boy, am I glad this work week is over. Hopefully the weekend won't fly by like usual. I'd like to actually be able to enjoy it and relax...

I haven't written in a while and I've had this topic kind of stuck in my head and need to get it out sometime, so now is the time!

My recent pet peeves:

1. Canadian Drivers.
I love Canadians. Don't get me wrong. I think where I live and who I work for, they help keep our economy going. But, when it comes to driving our roads... they have no stinking clue! Where are they going at 5:40am when I have to get to work by 6:00am and they are going 40-45 mph in a 55 mph zone? They have to see the signs that say it's MPH NOT KPH... do they get the idea when five cars pass them? No. Do they get the idea when 10 cars are backed up behind them? No. Annoying.

They also don't slow down when the speed limit changes. I may pass them in the 55 zone, but when it slows down to 25 mph, they catch up to me because they're still going 45 mph in a 25 zone! What the???

It just goes to show that we need to get out of Sumas so that we don't have to be mad at Canadian drivers everyday.

2. Drivers that don't use turn signals.
It's not that hard... if you're turning, use the dang thing! Otherwise you're going to get rear-ended! And it will still be my fault! The turn signal switch is there for a reason.

That's all I have to say about pet peeves really. I feel like I'm whining and I don't like it when I feel like that, so I'm done.

Baby update...
Sara and Gracelyn are doing fine... we're down to seven weeks until our due date, so time is FLYING by! We're very excited for her delivery and have been VERY blessed by all our friends and family that have thrown us showers and gotten us almost everything that we need. There are still a few things we need to get (diapers and a diaper genie), other than that, we have PLENTY of newborn-three month old clothes. We could use more of any clothes 6-9 months and 9-12 months, but we know we'll be provided for.

Gracelyn is head down now, so she's getting ready to drop anytime. She still likes to punch Sara in the bladder which isn't at all comfortable... and neither is her stretching and putting her feet in Sara's ribs. She seems to like music. Whenever she hears it, she starts moving and kicking... either that or she's doing her calisthenics to get ready to learn to wrestle (I keep telling Sara that there will be girls wrestling at most high schools by the time she grows up, but Sara would rather her be a wrestling cheerleader, like she was, and just appreciate the sport from the sidelines.

Birthing class has been pretty fun. I think it's kind of neat to meet other couples that are in the same boat as you. I think we only have three more classes left, and then an after-birth party to see all the babies.

Needless to say, the time is drawing near and we are pretty excited. We appreciate everyone that given us stuff, helped us with stuff and who have kept us in their prayers! Please continue to keep us in your prayers, especially Sara (she is the one who has to deliver this baby... my job is to make her comfortable, but I don't imagine any part of childbirth is "comfortable"). I know my wife is strong and will do awesome! She's pretty incredible.

No comments: