Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I must be crazy

I must be crazy.
I watch movies, something happens, and it gets me.
I watch TV, something happens, and it gets me.
I see people with babies or children, and it gets me.
I think I’m officially becoming a dad, and it’s getting to me.

Lately all the things mentioned above have been getting me… choked up. I mean, really, I’ve always been an emotional guy. But, come on… I’ve never been one to get choked up over an emotional part of a movie or TV show.

Sara and I were watching We Are Marshall the other night. The scene where the player breaks into a closed door meeting to show the schools governing body all the students standing outside showing their support of keeping the football team going… well, it got me.

I don’t know whether it is the fact that I have a baby on the way and now everything in life seems to be a little more precious… or if I’m going crazy… or perhaps I’m starting to understand God’s love for me and for His people, because of this tiny gift He’s given us, and I’m developing that desire to feel the emotions other people are feeling. When one part of the body mourns, the entire body should also be mourning. When it rejoices, we all rejoice. It’s not an emotion I have ever felt before, but I sense it starting to overtake my being.

It’s crazy. It’s not normal. It shakes my inner core. Yet, it’s a part of me that I would never want to give up. I think I’m finally starting to see the world through the eyes of God and it’s difficult. But then again, when is anything in life ever easy?

So here’s my leaving thought. I will take this new level of emotion I’ve been experiencing and I will do my best to try and understand and deal with the things that God puts in front of me. Step one: learn how to be a loving, supportive, God-fearing husband and father. To my little one… I can’t wait to meet you and hold you for the first time! I pray you grow strong in your mother’s womb and come into this world knowing that you are truly loved, not only by your mother and I (and all the grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins), but also by God in all His splendid glory.

1 comment:

robyn said...

hey chad... it was good to hear from you...

things are going well... here's my rundown...

1) moved to tennessee in 1/06
2) moved to arkansas in 9/07
3) working as a graphic artist full time... my company is a little hard to explain...
4) also working at starbucks for fun
5) just got a new apartment that i love

congrats and all that... and you might want to report that bun thing... that usually doesn't happen to guys... :)...